Kilikanoon Covenant Shiraz 2014
Price: VND 1.280.000/bottle; 12 bottles/case
Origin: Clare Valley, South Australia, Australia
Wine color: Red
Preservation: Keep dry and cool, avoid direct sunlight
Production: Kilikanoon Wines PTY., Ltd.
Address: Penna Lane, Penwortham South Australia 5453, Australia
Importer: Viet Nang Pty., Ltd. (Hanoi)
Instruction: Drink directly without thermal usage. May take together with red meat, smoked salmon, cheese or snacks.
Certificate No: 11778/2017/ATTP-TNCB
The Covenant is composed from selected vineyards located in the Clare Valley. An excellent season and vintage for Shiraz in the Clare Valley, the generally warm and dry conditions of 2014 maximising the flavour potential of all the fruit parcels whilst the regions famed elevation, providing cool night time temperatures ensuring elegance and long cellaring potential.
The Covenant is a blend from selected vineyards located in the Clare Valley.
An excellent season and vintage for Shiraz in the Clare Valley, the generally warm and dry conditions of 2014 maximising the flavour potential of all the fruit parcels whilst the regions famed elevation, providing cool night time temperatures ensuring elegance and long cellaring potential.
Selected parcels of handpicked fruit were fermented separately from five vineyards across the region and allowed to age for 18
months in small French oak casks before final blending and bottling.
Colour: Brick read in colour with youthful crimson hues.
Aroma: A complex and flavoursome nose, featuring dark fruits, kitchen spices, feral olives and charcuterie further enhanced by wood smoke and French oak char.
Palate: A classic Clare Shiraz, that perfectly captures the regions unique terroir and personality. A full throttled fruit style, round in the mouth yet tempered and elegant in its finish. Brimming with dark chocolate, red fruits and tasty meats, the classy French oak inflluences and dense tannins providing further interest and intrigue.
Residual Sugar: 2.2 g/L
Alcohol: 14.5% v/v
Potential of at least 15 - 20 years with careful cellaring.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
James Halliday's Australian Wine Companion 2018
- 94 Points
- James Halliday
- The bouquet is complex, with a spicy charcuterie edge, the palate also complex, with a firm savoury thrust to the black fruits and licorice. That firmness is a trifle sharp on the first encounter, but goes on a 180 degrees change as it morphs into fresh dark fruits, promising much for the future.
Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
- 92 Points
- Lisa Perrotti-Brown
- Deep garnet coloured with a hint of purple, the 2014 Shiraz Covenant has scents of dried plums, creme de cassis and sauteed herbs with underlying loam and forest floor hints. Full-bodied and firmly structured, the muscular fruit is offset nicely by grainy tannins and a racy backbone, delivering a long finish.
- 90 Points
- James Suckling & Nick Stock
- This has some really plump, rich and alluring fruit with dried plum and biscuit spices on the nose. The palate's really fleshy and juicy. Sheet-like tannins, and a bold flavor-filled finish.
- 91 Points
- An elegant, softer and more gentle shiraz whose juicy aromas of cassis, blackberries, blueberries and redcurrants and fresh cedar/vanilla oak are backed by notes of black pepper, spicy notes of clove and cinnamon plus a suggestion of animal hide. It's long and complete, with a fine, dusty spine supporting its long and vivacious palate, finishing with gentle acids and a lingering hint of five spice.